Tuesday 17 September 2019

Make Some Noise....

Things went well at the doctors..I had a test done and have to go back for the results next week.  Meanwhile..its Teal Tuesday- time to make some loud noise  around something that likes to stay silent
Many Ovarian cancer warriors and survivors will tell you that we checked the boxes for symptoms ..but for some reason it was missed. I ignored mine because for years I had had stress, weight problems and tummy troubles...all symptoms. Eventually when I sought help.. my doctor missed it and was treating me for diverticulitis... until the pain was too much to handle and the bleeding began. A couple of ladies I had treatment with told me they wernt diagnosed til later stages because they didn't fit the mould or their doctors were treating them for something else. For one of those ladies it was too late.
Its the Silent Killer because we are not told the signs and symptoms to look for. Ovarian Cancer mimics so many illnesses. We accept what doctors tell us and then we remain silent even though we kinda know "that's not whats happening to my body...its different". We assumed that smear tests or preventative measures were covered by our yearly test. Its not!! Why didn't someone tell us!!
There is no preventative screening measure in place for ovarian cancer. Look for its symptoms.. listen to your body.. and push your doctor

Your life may depend on it


Love and Hugs
Phoebe x



3 comments:

  1. Great post Phoebe. I'm thankful you did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad this was a good visit for you. If these are the symptoms, it sounds like most women I know. There really should be an easier way for women to know. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete