Friday 6 September 2019

Life Changer....

Six years ago yesterday I began my "Healing Holiday" in California. My life was spiralling out of control. Through illness, the pain of loss, and years of sadness, hurt and pressure beyond my control.. I was drowning in deep depression. My wonderful friend... who I call sister told me to come to America "so we can get you well." it was a life changer
Six years ago today I met the man who would become my life partner.. my best friend...my one true Love. I was over 80lb heavier than I am now...desperately unhappy.. I looked terrible... hated myself for it....and was completely lost. He saw my smile ..heard my laugh..and knew my heart. Who knew that a year later I would return to America and marry this man.... Well...he did!

This wonderful, kind, loving, hard working, Godly man  has became my biggest supporter. His gentle encouragement and love has helped me find myself again. He has given me confidence, belief in my self and has given me a life happier than I ever imagined. He gave me so much strength and support when I was recently fighting ovarian cancer..and not once did his Faith falter that I would beat it.
I didnt always understand Gods Plan for me...but I had Faith that He would not let me down. He brought my MrD into my life just when the time was right..for both of us. It took me a long time to accept just how much  this guy loves me... and I am so grateful. I look forward to many, many years together..

Love you MrD...

Now about that closet you were going to clear out for me....

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

10 comments:

  1. Oh Phoebe, what a sweet sweet post. I'm so happy that you found MrD and he is always there for you. God has blessed you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story to share. I wish you and Mr. D many more wonderful years. Congratulations on beating Cancer. You have a wonderful evening, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You followed God's plan and what a plan it was. I am so happy for you that you lost the weight, I know you feel so much better. My husband lost 85 pounds 10 years ago and has kept it off. Thanks for sharing your love story and weight loss success. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderful story. What a wonderful man God sent you.:)
    I think God sent him a wonderful woman too.
    Oh and congratulations on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a goose bump and big smiles story! I am so thankful that God brought you together. He had a wonderful plan for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your love story! I have a similar one. I like to think God saved the best of life for the last in my life! You did your part in trusting God and he did all the rest! I’m so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have a lifetime supporter by your side who is ready to fight battles with you and clear out your closet! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful story. I'm so glad you found happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad things worked out.. I need to work on my closet too! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet love story, Phoebe! His faith was a boost to your faith and his love too. May God continue to bless your journey!

    ReplyDelete