Thursday 5 September 2019

In the Kitchen ~ Dump It All In Soup

This week I dehydrated more Jalapenos. MrD has been eating them as they are ..but I have crumbled quite a few into coarse Kosher salt to sprinkle onto food. 
Jalapeno salt is so expensive to buy...but so cheap to make. Its great on a baked potato. meat, veggies, pasta...so many things. 
Even around the rim of your Margarita ( I'm saying that..but I'm tea total...so I cant say what its really like... lol)
Ive also had my weekly fridge clear out.. ready for the market shop tomorrow. Any veggies I have left from the week...I chop, bag and freeze. You know I don't like waste.. so I try to save everything.
These little bags of veggies are ideal for .. what I like to call... Dump It All In Soup. I usually make it overnight on a Sunday in the big crock pot.  Then I separate into containers in the fridge and reheat every morning  for Mr D to take to work in a  thermos every day. I sometimes will have it for lunch too

And if you leave out the beans.... its very low calorie 

Dump It All In Soup

Dump It All In Soup is so easy...and you cant really call it a step by step recipe. You just start with a base of canned tomatoes, stock cubes, onions. garlic and Worcestershire sauce... and just "dump in" any veggies that you have...no pre cooking or sauteing needed. Its great when you want to clean out your fridge. I ring the changes you can even throw in a bit of cooked chicken, pork or beef. I always seem to have the same things and I like to sprinkle with a bit of my home made seasoning.. which is optional


2 cans of diced tomatoes: plus 2 cans of water
4 stock cubes.. Beef, Chicken or Vegetable
A few splashes Worcestershire Sauce
Tbsp Minced Garlic
Large onion chopped
1 can of Kidney or Black Beans, drained and rinsed (optional)
Assortment of chopped vegetables .eg Celery, Carrots, Green Beans
                                                              Turnip/Swede, Potatoes, Mushrooms
  • Throw everything into a large Crockpot and cook on low for about 5 hours...or over night.
  • Simple!
  • Enjoy!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

2 comments:

  1. Dump soup is not a very elegant name for that soup but I'll bet it is delicious!

    You've given me a great idea about drying jalapenos and making spicy salt. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! What a great way to use things that would otherwise be tossed. You are so organized!

    ReplyDelete