Tuesday 1 June 2021

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday

I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day/ Bank Holiday weekend. Im a day late posting our dinner plan for this week ..but I felt yesterdays post deserved to stand alone for respect. Meeting Staff Sgt Sanchez on Sunday really affected my heart more than I realized.

So..Here we go into a new week...and a new month. Can you believe its June already???  The days are flying by... which is fine by me.. because its official... we close on the Blue House a week tomorrow! Which means... the big move is just two weeks away. Thats happened so fast

Meanwhile..after we get the keys.. it will be a scramble to get the wooden scructure at the back of the house taken down..the iron railings at the front removed and all the foliage cut to a foot away from the house so the termite tenting treatment can be done asap.. Mr D hopes that will be three days after we get the keys. I have to phone Caroline the Realtor to see if we can get a firm timeline. But Mr D hopes we can start moving in the weekend of the 18th. Reminds me of that song.."I want it all...and I want it now!"

In the meantime.. my list making has gone into overdrive,,,the packing is almost done...and life goes on as "normal". I plan to get out on my walks every day... as I wont be able to do them as much when we first move. I will be too busy...and I need to get to know the area. 

Im going to miss "my" hill...

Meals this week will be using ingredients from the feezer and storecupboard. I really dont want to be lugging too many bags and boxes of food all that way in hot weather.

 Weekly Plan - 31st May 2021

Monday              Memorial Day Burgers

Tuesday              Chicken Tacos

Wednesday         Citrus Chicken Salad

Thursday            Kielbasa Cabbage and Potato Skillet

Friday                 Pizza

Saturday             Ham Cheese and Onion Pull-Apart Bread

Sunday                Bacon Crusted Pork and Scalloped Potatoes


1 comment:

  1. Hi Phoebe. We moved from Whittier in 1976 to Murrieta (about 70 miles south). So glad we did but the city has moved in around us. We are on 2+acres. We are older and looking to down size but, in this market, it's frightening. The prices keep jumping every month. I feel a kinship with you. I'm a first generation American. My dad and sisters are from England and mom born in Belgium. They immigrated in 1950. Try to relax all you can before your big move. I'm looking forward to seeing the scenery in your new neighborhood on walks.Patty Mc

    ReplyDelete