Thursday 13 April 2017

She Said Yes....

Today was the first visit to the chemo doctor to see what's what... 

and I had plenty of company


But what the doctor said can wait....something more important happened. The lovely Mr P proposed to Miss C... and she said yes!! And...he got down on one knee!!


It was a case of third time lucky. The 1st night we tried for the proposal.. was when we went up to the observatory that looks over the whole of LA . Its spectacular at night time .. but literally 100s and 100s of people had the same idea and we couldn't park..The only place we could stop was by a garbage area..not appropriate. Strike One!

So next day we went to Universal Studios and were going to get a sunset afterwards.. but she was ill and we had to come home...Strike two!
So today..after the doctors.. I was feeling a bit ill and tired..but no way was this going to stop me. We drove to the pier in Santa Monica. It was freezing cold and the wind was bitter... but as the sun went down he dropped to one knee. He did a good job... she was totally surprised...and mother cried!
You have heard the saying " the mother of all lies" .. well that has been me.. trying to hide the ring from her and make up stories for going places.You should have seen me move when she tried to go into my bag at the doctors office! Don't you love kids? Well I do....and she honestly couldnt ask for a nicer lad...I know they will be very happy together 


Love and Hugs
Phoebe x



2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I'm so happy for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! There really IS a silver lining to every single cloud in our lives!

    ReplyDelete