I decided to use up the leftover turkey for lunch today, and this recipe is one of our family favourites. Its a savoury, sweet, tangy mouthful of deliciousness. So simple to make and they went down a treat.
Turkey and Cranberry Panini
2 slices bread eg ciabatta or a panini roll
1 oz grated Chedder or other good melting cheese
2-3 slices leftover turkey
2 tablespoons whole cranberry sauce
¼ cup baby spinach leaves
2 teaspoons honey mustard
1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place one slice of bread on a cutting board and sprinkle on half of the cheese.
- Arrange the turkey slices on top of the cheese and then top with the cranberry sauce and spinach.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Spread the honey mustard on the second slice of bread and close the sandwich.
- Heat a Panini press or a grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Brush the outside of the panino with olive oil on both sides and place it on the Panini press.
- Close the press and cook for 3-5 minutes until the bread is toasted and the cheese melts.
- If you don’t have a Panini press, place the panino on a grill pan or skillet and place another skillet weighted with a couple of cans on top. After 1-2 minutes, remove the skillet, flip the panino over and repeat the process on the second side.
- Cut in half and serve hot.