This pork and potato goulash is quite popular in my house because it’s really easy to make and pretty quick.
It could be made with beef, chicken or even with no meat at all. The reason I like it is because you really don’t need a recipe to make it. You just throw in it whatever veggies you have on hand, peppers, carrots, celery, peas, whatever you like. It’s a hearty dish and it’s one of the first recipes I taught my daughter to make.
I serve it with chunks of homemade crusty bread. I omitted the sour cream, because Im not a lover of it.
Pork and Potato Goulash
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp paprika
2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 large onions, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp vinegar
700ml meat stock
400g can chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
- Mix pork with salt, pepper, garlic and 1 Tbsp paprika
- Heat butter in large pan and brown the pork on all sides over a high heat
- Add onions and cook for a few minutes
- Sprinkle with other Tbsp paprika and add vinegar, stock, tomatoes and potatoes
- Cover, and simmer over a low heat for 35 minutes, or until potatoes are tender
- Spoon onto plates and garnish with a spoonful sour cream and a few chopped chives