Wednesday 10 July 2024

Wednesday July 10th

So this is a sad (ish) post...
and tells the tale (tail!) of what happened to Frederico
So when I opened the front door this morning.. this little face greeted me. He obviously was comfortable on our front porch. MrD and I had a long chat last night about what to do about him. Our neighbour had told us that he really wanted to keep him.. and was working on his wife to let him stay... but she was saying no. We also found out that a couple of other people in the street had phoned the pound about him.. so he was on borrowed time/
MrD also thought it was a bad idea to keep him. He reasoned that we had just spent a whole year tied to the house.. unable to leave Prince alone. He was now used to us going off for a couple of hours. A new dog would take us back to square one with training... if he was destructive... plus we have some major plans coming up. Also we didnt know how Prince and Fred would react to each other (which by the way I thought they would be fine because he was so friendly) But reluctantly I could see his point
So sadly, I sat on the porch with him until the dog warden arrived to take him away. Right up to the last moment our neighbour tried to persuade his wife.. but she was adamant. The warden had a hard job getting him into the van as he really didnt want to go.. and I was so sad I had to go into the house and not watch

But there is a bit of good news. I was talking to the warden.. and had to ask the question.," how long will you keep him until hes either adopted or hes put down" Her reply cheered me somewhat when she informed me that Fred was a Red German Pinscher... looked to be a pedigree... and are an endangered breed. They would feed him.. clean him up and chip him. Then they would get in touch with the So Cal Pincher Society who would take him and find him a good home. It was such a relief

And thus ends this Doggy Tail... farewell Frederico... I wish you all the luck in the world... and we will miss you

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment