Friday 12 July 2024

Friday July 12th

Ok so thanks to our daughter's post on social media.. I think the cat is officially out of the bag… so here’s the scoop
When I married MrD 10 years ago and I moved to the US, my children were all grown and settled and happy for me to start a new life. What I didn’t think through though was grandchildren. When we came to visit the Uk last year, I saw my kids and had all four babies together, I saw what I was missing out on.. especially the cuddles, and it was so hard leaving them all again. But in true fashion I buried it and continued with the happy life I have been blessed with.

MrD however.. saw through the façade and at Christmas gave me the most wonderful gift. He suggested that when he retires in four years that we sell up and we move lock stock and barrel back to the UK to be near the family. He loved it when we were there and he’s ready for a new adventure
 
We are not going into this lightly.. we know about immigration laws and visas.. and have plans in place. So depending on the economy and house prices.. it may not be exactly four years.. but the wheels are in motion. We didn’t mention anything just yet as the way the world is right now we didn’t want to throw a spanner in the works

So thank you to those few who kept our secret.. and to our daughter thank you for the push to announce it.

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

1 comment:

  1. Hi! For some reason your posts are not showing up in my feed, then all of a sudden today, a whole bunch showed up. Just in time to get this news!
    I'm so excited for you! Your Mr D is just the best.
    PS - I see in the post below you made Congo bars. I remember my mom making them 50 years ago when I was a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete