Monday 8 July 2024

Monday July 8th

About a month ago.. just after harvesting our potatoes.. I found a few bags of seed potatoes in a dump bin at Walmart. They were in a bit of a sorry state, but at a dollar a bag.. I thought I would plant them.. not knowing how they would do in 100 degree weather. Well… so far so good at it seems that only four plants haven’t survived .. so I will just keep watching and watering with my fingers crossed

But the heat has turned up another problem.. thirsty birds… who are flocking in trying to get moisture from juicy vegetables and their leaves..
So a dozen containers of water and a few whirlybirds will hopefully be companion gardening at its finest..
The tomatoes… however.. are loving the heat and turning a lovely shade of red.
And the cucumbers…
And jalapenos are loving their extra drinks of water

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment