Tuesday 11 April 2023

Warm Weather...

Yesterday was so warm...temps reached the mid 80s and for the first time this year, the bedroom fan was on all night.
The warm weather has made the seedlings on the window sill grow so fast..so I think its time to plant out the peas and beans. The nice weather is making everything in the garden grow too.
I love that we even have brussels sprouts appearing on the plants already. 
Is that ok do you think?
Over the weekend..we (or should I say MrD) has started laying the stones around the raised beds.. 
Its looking great already... buts its going to be a long job as we will be buying the tiles and stones bit by bit to budget the costs
He was watched very closely by this little fella... who had better keep out of my veggies or there will be trouble!
Im also trying a bit of an experiment that I saw on Instagram. Last year I grew green onions in a couple of planters.. but we used so many in our salads etc that we didnt have nearly enough. So..when I saw a reel on Instagram showing how to grow cut and come again onions that will last all season.. I thought I must give it a try. It said to use pearl onions from the supermarket. So I bought a bag.. planted them... and we shall see what happens

Anyone else planting their veggie gardens yet?

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment