Friday 28 April 2023

Little Treaures...

In the Uk we have Car Boot Sales.. which is self explanitary. People sell their unwanted goods from the back of their cars.. usually in a field or car park... and selling anything from old clothes, books, toys, housewares etc to bigger items like furniture. 

In the US.. I have discovered Estate Sales.. and I love them. When someone dies... the family takes what they want...and sell everything else.. at really marked down prices. Its fascinating to take a peep into someone elses life.. seeing their home decor... how they lived..what they collected. I also feel like a bit of a snoop. And being a real vintage fan... I find some real treasures.

Today my friend and I went to a couple and I love what I found... and here's a snippet..and what they cost

A vintage looking radio.. and I have wanted one of this style for so long. And the bonus is it actually works. Perfect for $20
A pretty vintage looking clock...again.. not a scratch and in perfect working order... for $4
Two Corning ware dishes to add to my collection... and only $3 each
And lastly... another brooch to add to my collection...not only pretty.. I do wear them. Again only $3

Some of the items in the homes today really caught my eye..but they were quite pricey. But I am really pleased at my bargains.

Are you a Thrift shopper? And have you had any exciting finds recently?

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment