Saturday 1 April 2023

Planting....

It’s been over a week since I got back from vacation with a serious throat and ear infection that made me lose my hearing. It has returned slightly but I still can’t listen to music or watch tv without having the sound on maximum so it’s a no. I’m hoping as time goes on it will get better.. but in the meantime I’ve been enjoying working outside and today completed the first of our veggie gardens.
The snow is still deep on the surrounding mountains but the weather has turned quite warm
I have been saving my egg shells for a while and putting a handful in the hole when planting
 is a great nutrient for tomatoes
The potatoes are already doing well in their tubs
and now we have cucumbers..
different types of tomatoes and tomatillos..
and peppers and jalapeños

The drip lines are working well but here is still work to be done... Gravel needs to be put down around the beds and ivy need to be trimmed back. But we have another bed to fill with more vegetables when they are ready to be planted out.

I just love Springtime

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your infections and I do hope that your hearing gets better very soon. I love your garden photos. We still have snow on the ground so my plant babies are growing (ever so slowly!) in my tiny indoor greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete