Thursday 17 September 2020

More Preps...

 My prepping continues...

I was face timing with my friend in Idaho this week...and were talking about prepping . Luckily she and her young family are safe from all the terrible fires. But she mentioned that the fires were destroying many crops... She warned that with wheat fields burning.. flour prices would go up... With no feed for animals... meat prices would go up...and as for their famous potatoes!!  
So with this in mind.. My local store is selling flour that works out at $1.39 a bag ...if you buy four.. So thats what I got. Making my own bread and cakes and cookies from scratch...especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas not too far ahead... I use a lot.
I bought another 10lb bag of potatoes to dehydrate ready for soups and stews... and will get more this week. At the moment I can get a 10lb bag for a $1.50 so Im taking advantage of it. Yes there are 10lb of potatoes in those two jars!
I dehydrated a head  of cabbage.. which filled a quart jar 
More Bell Peppers... Incredibly 5 dehydrated peppers take up very little room
and finally..I dehydrated the turnips I had in the freezer and theres room for more in the jar                  

So thats the five preps for this week. Im feeling so much better about not keeping so much in the freezer


Easy Crock Pot Four Cheese Ravioli Lasagna

For dinner we are having a very simple Dump and Go Crock Pot meal using items from the freezer. Usually I would make it as below... but I have a few bags of the meat mixture already frozen so Im using one of those. Anything for an easy life lol


1 lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
1 (24oz) jar of pasta sauce
1 (25oz) package or frozen cheese-filled ravioli(do not thaw)
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese

  • Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over a medium/high heat
  • You could also add green bell pepper and mushrooms which my hubby loves
  • Drain if needed
  • Mix in the pasta sauce
  • Spoon 1/2 meat mixture into bottom of a lightly greased crockpot. 
  • Layer half of the ravioli.
  • Next layer with reamining meat mixture.
  • Then top with the rest of the ravioli.
  • Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
  • Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours until pasta is tender... (mine was ready after 5) 




3 comments:

  1. Your my hero, Phoebe. WOW. Thanks for sharing, what a great idea. Here, I thought we were ready, come to find out, we're not. sigh. Hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! I’m taking a screen shot of this recipe and plan to make it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really on a roll with your winter food prep. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete