Thursday 3 September 2020

Busy Kitchen...

It was the last week of the Every Bit Counts Challenge...
and I still had lots of options on what to preserve and store
Pears in a Light Syrup
Pear and Ginger Jelly made from the pear skins and cores
I was given a huge bag of plums...so made Plum Jam
and chopped the rest and put them.. skins and all.. in the dehydrator..
ready for our breakfast cereal and oatmeal 
( they came out deliciousy sweet and chewy )
The Clear Jel I ordered arrived late...
so while waiting I chopped turnips for the freezer
When the Clear Gel arrived I finally made Blueberry Pie Filling

Challenge Completed!
I managed to preserve one item every day during August
It was hard work.. but I loved every minute.
But I havent finished... Right now I have diced potatoes in the dehydrator 
ready for soups and stews.. 
apples ready to make into canned pie filling...
 and "ugly"carrots and celery ready to process. 

I love a busy kitchen

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. It's a busy and very productive kitchen! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is BUSY for sure! This post makes me hungry:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete