Monday 2 December 2019

Whats for Dinner~Meal Plan Monday


I am... well..was .. feeling slightly overwhelmed this morning as I feel under pressure to ge the Christmas decorations up by the end of today.
Why? Well its two fold really. First... Mrd is finally having his surgery tomorrow. He's very blase about it... and I know he will be fine. I would just like him to have a comfortable, festive home to relax in while he is recovering. Not have a crazy woman running around with bits of tinsel and sprigs of Holly. Mistletoe is up already... wink.

The other is for sentimental reasons. Tomorrow is the 15th anniversary of the sudden passing of my mother... a woman who loved Chrismas and who made it so special for everyone. In her memory.. no lights are switched on til this date...and the first thing must be the tree. If nothing else... the tree WILL be done for tomorrow.
The menu this week is a bit up in the air, so there isnt one. We will have to see what MrD feels like eating. and what the doctors advise Mind you after Thanksgiving feasting...cutting back will be a good idea for both of us
So while I have been decorating..this song is what I have been singing...
And here's a bit of trivia for any fellow Welshies out there. Did you know that this tune is based on a traditional Welsh Winter Carol dating back to the 16th Centuary.. called "Nos Galon"
Goreu pleser ar nos galan,
Tŷ a thân a theulu diddan,

Calon lân a chwrw melyn,
Pennill mwyn a llais y delyn,

Let me grab a coffee while I listen to my American friends get their tongue around that...lol

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. I will keep a good thought that all goes well with MrD's surgery tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This American friend will never be able to get my tongue around that! Interesting to hear that history.
    My mom has also been gone for 15 years. I've been thinking about her a lot lately. I like how you remember her with your tree.
    Praying for your Mr D tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't get my tongue around "Nos Galon" either. But I do love that song, and I enjoy listening to Nat King Cole. Years past, I used to love to get into all the decorating, but lately I just have a little bit of it up. The tree and a couple of small things. It's very Christmasy for Pogo and me. I do hope Mr. D's surgery goes well. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete