My Hubby loves Chocolate Chip Cookies. When I bake I usually make enough for home and for him to take to work. On Tuesday he said.. "the guys at work are wondering where their cookies are" Yes...right.. the guys at work. So yesterday I had to stay in and wait for the man to come fix our drain...so it was no hardship to whip up a batch or two.
The problem was... I had no chocolate chips. I was sure I had some. I think the dreaded chocolate chip monster must have stolen them! But.. I did find some caramel chips that I bought before I became ill. The chocolate chip monster obviously didnt like them... or he didnt know they were there.
So I had to switch to plan B and find a recipe. I tried this one for Salted Caramel Cookies. They turned out pretty good... and the chocolate chip monster liked them so much he took some for "the guys in work"
Salted Caramel Cookies
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups caramel chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Set aside
- Beat brown sugar, white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy.
- Beat eggs, one at a time, into butter mixture until blended
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until dough is just combined
- Fold in caramel chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop... arrange dough on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are golden brown, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
And just to prove not everything goes smoothly in my kitchen.... I burnt the first batch. You could have built a wall with them they were so hard...
Love and Hugs