Tuesday 7 January 2014

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch - 123

Here we go folks...our weekly visit to Patrice over at Everyday Ruralty and Her Chat On the Farmhouse Porch. Let s have some fun

Everyday Ruralty
Everyday Ruralty


How much baking did you do before and after Christmas? Do you get more inspired to bake when the temps are cooler?
I just love to bake...and Im always inspired ..any time of the year.This Christmas was no different, except this time most of it was done for the local school Christmas Bake Sale. White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies, Gingerbread Men, Mince Pies and Cupcakes all went to raise funds for the school...and they were fun to make too

Christmas baking background balls and snowflakes

Do you have any food intolerances or allergies? 
No food intolerances...thankfully but I do suffer from Hayfever which get quite bad when the pollen is high, Sneezing, sniffles, runny eyes...no wonder my grandmother called it a 'Summer Cold'

....and its so attractive..
When was the last time you were in a restaurant?
Last November, when I was still in California, Mr D and I went to Dinner at Marie Callenders. We both had a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and I tried cornbread for the first time. The whole meal was absolutely delicious. We were very tempted to try one of their famous pies for dessert...but we were  both so stuffed  full, we gave it a miss...maybe next time...
marie_callenders_thanksgiving_restaurant_dinner
 Our Marie Callenders Turkey Dinner
What's your favorite accent(speech)?
It has to be my home language Welsh, even though my first speaking language is English. Im a very proud Welsh woman..even though I cant speak the language fluently. Its a very hard language to learn, it has a different alphabet and some of the words can be a bit of a tongue twister.
The longest place name in Wales 20 miles from where I live

My favorite__________is__________.
My favorite people is (are) my wonderful, and sometimes crazy family. From my amazing grandparents, right down to my gorgeous grandson, they all totally inspire me. I have been blessed with a large family...a brother, aunties, uncles, cousins and three incredible children, all of whom have made my life so special. I love you all
The Cousins...Grandmas House Christmas Day 1969
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

 Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Take a slice of pie home with you next....I love Marie Callendars but never have room for the pie either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture of family! I think a Welsh accent is lovely, but you don't hear them very often. Hay Fever is no fun. My nose "blooms" when the pollen comes out in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your family photo, beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "pinkness" of your page. The flowers in the photographs are beautiful.

    Your family photo reminds me of one taken with my cousins and grandparents when I was little, also taken in the late 1960s. The expression of the little fellow on the front left reminds me of one of my brothers. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete