Monday 13 November 2023

Whats for Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine started off great with a visit to and estate sale with my friend, and I purchased some wonderful fabrics which I cant wait to start using. MrD stayed home and pottered around in the garage putting up more shelves . Later we took a little drive to a new dog park with Prince and I think this one might be a keeper. Plenty of room to run.. and well kept.

Yesterday however was a different story. We just arrived at church..and we had to quickly turn the car around and get home. We have cameras around the house..and Prince was going absolutely mental.. We watched him destroyng the hall closet door, and dragging out its contents. We dont know whats got into him lately. We know he suffers from abandonment issues..but he was getting better.  The last couple of weeks we cant even go through the front door to the car without him tearing around the house, jumping at all the windows and then rushing in and out of the garden trying to see us.  And he's a big dog too. The rest of the time he's so sweet, but yesterday was the worst and we dont know what to do. Im dreading putting up my Christmas tree! Anyone have any ideas?

This week Thanksgiving and Christmas prep continues...I would like to send the parcel to the Uk this weekend so its the last push to get the Christmas gifts finished.. just the buttons to be sewn on the last one. 

Also, this weeks dinners are almost all pure comfort food with a chilly spell and rain coming in this week. Yay! How do you feel about colder weather?

Have a great week everyone... and heres this weeks dinner menu

Weekly Plan - 13th November 2023

Monday              Chicken Chow Mein

Tuesday               Chili and Jalapeno Cornbread

Wednesday         Tator Tot Casserole

Thursday             Cajun Skillet Keilbasa Pasta

Friday                  Sausage and Green Pepper Pizza

Saturday              Chili Mac and Cheese

Sunday                 Leftovers  

7 comments:

  1. I’m stopping by for Tuesday’s and Wednesday meal. I hope you don’t mind. Hugs.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come for supper tomorrow with your jalapeno cornbread! :)
    I do have white chicken chili on my menu this week. It's chicken noodle soup for us tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am all about cooler weather this time of year. The weather makes me want to make soup and stew and pie! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard that if you put a shirt that you've worn on a pillow, and leave it with them, it helps dogs not feel anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy seeing your menus! And I am so sorry about your dog. We had a dog named Lucy for several years and she had issues. As long as Louis Dean was sitting down - she loved him! But the moment he stood up - she would bark hysterically. We kenneled her when we were gone or when she needed to STOP barking. For a long time she felt safe in her kennel but it finally got to the point that she would bark even in there if she caught a glimpse of LD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shwmae Phoebe. a welsh girl in America?. Do you ever yearn for all things Welsh? I had moved from Wales but at 77 moved back 2 1/2 years ago and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps a crate when you are gone? We always crated our yorkie when we leave because they feel secure. However, a few weeks ago we were gone longer than I thought and she had no access to her food/water/potty pads so I expanded her crate to include the kitchen, breakfast area, guest bath and laundry room which means I have baby gates up and can leave her confined to a larger area. However, she seems uncertain about it still and everytime we get home we find her in the crate! Give it some thought. Our grandpuppy, a standard poodle, is crated often as well. It doesn’t hurt them and might save you some trips home.

    ReplyDelete