Wednesday 22 November 2023

Running Smoothly?..

The terrible wind that we have had for the last couple of days have at last died down. There was no major damage, just a few flattened plants, small fallen branches, and blown over bins. I had help to pick one up by the guys delivering the new stove.
As with quite a few things these days.. installing the stove didnt run smoothly. We didnt pay for installation as its MrDs forte..but the guys informed us that the new gas pipe couldnt be connected to our shut off valve as it was the orignal and completely out dated. A bit worrying... but MrD got home from work shortly after... shot off to Home Depot... and got it sorted. Eventually though, it will all have to be relplaced. But just when we thought we were home free.. the stove wouldnt switch on. We spent ages trying to figure it out and just when MrD thought the socket wasnt grounded and would have to be replaced.. I noticed the the wire... which had obviously been cut when the delivery men had used a stanley knife to cut off the packaging!! Thank goodness Hubby is such a handyman..and an hour later I was using the oven for dinner...and I love it! Its going to be great for our Thanksgiving feast.
So everything is ready for tomorrow. The turkey is ready to be stuffed in the morning, veg is prepped and pie is baked, I went through my list and decided on a couple of last minute changes.. Yorkshire puddings, sprouts and jalapeno poppers have been added at MrDs request..and I took off a starter and a dessert. So much food.
I have a feeling MrD and I are going to be as stuffed as that turkey!

Love and Hugs 
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment