Monday 6 November 2023

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday

The weekend went exteremly fast, but we packed a lot in. Stacking wood, baking, and cleaning was mixed with more relaxing activites. Mr D got a couple of bike rides in, I managed to finish another Christmas gift, Prince got another trip to the dog park... and we all settled down together last night to wastch a movie with a delicious cup of cocoa and some of the leftover Halloween candy (Ive squirreled a lot away for Christmas baking!)

Today I plan to make our Christmas cake. The dried fruit has been soaking overnight.. and Im using my grandmothers recipe. Im anticipating that the house will smell of delicious Christmas aromas! Then this afternoon... the sewing machine will be whirring away as I sew together another festive gift. They have to be mailed to the Uk at the end of this month at the latest

So this week, all the recipes come from my 1940s recipe collection, including my great grandmothers corned beef pie recipe which is a huge family favourite Some dishes are tried and tested... others are new to us. As with others I have made from this era...Im sure they will be delicious.

Have a great week everyone... and heres this weeks dinner menu

Weekly Plan - 6th November 2023

Monday              Sweet and Sour Pork and Rice

Tuesday              Mexican Chicken in Tomato Sauce, Tortillas, Guacamole

Wednesday         Grandma Marys Corned Beef Pie, Mashed Potatoes, Cabbage

Thursday            Easy Spaghetti Dinner

Friday                  Spinach and Mushroom Pizza

Saturday              Cheeseburgers, Sweet Potato Fries

Sunday                 Leftovers  

2 comments:

  1. I love your menus! I have good intentions but I am not consistent!
    Today I am cooking white beans with a ham bone that still has plenty of meat on it! Cornbread and sliced onions will finish it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu for this week sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete