Tuesday 7 November 2023

Another Day...

A typical early start at the Blue House ...
and nothing starts the day better than a nice cup of tea.
Looking at the forecast for next week.. its going to be cooler and rain us coming in
I dont think we will be cold though..
The wood pile is much more than I thought it would be
Yesterday, I made my Christmas cake.
The marinated fruit was added to other delicious ingredients.
like dark brown sugar, treacle and fragrant spices
Then baked to perfection at a low temperature..
making the house smell wonderful

Its now wrapped up in greaseproof paper and foil, and every week I will feed it until December when it will be iced. Im looking for a vintage looking frill/ band for it...so if anyone has any ideas where I can buy one.. I will be grateful

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


3 comments:

  1. Oh my, I thought we had a stockpile of wood......especially since we live in sunny So. Ca. but I think you have us beat! Your wood is so nicely chopped. Over the years, we've cut a lot of eucalyptus trees but most of it in logs...not split.
    Is your Christmas cake anything like fruit cake? My mom made a delicious fruit cake that was wrapped in a brandy cloth for a couple months. My parents are from England and wondered if it was the same cake. The stuff that is sold in stores as fruit cake tastes nothing like the one my mom made.
    Love the time change and so glad we're in for cool weather too. It's baking and sewing weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get up very early! And you are stocked with wood. :)
    The cake looks good. Now I am wondering what you feed it with? Is it some type of alcohol? You'll have to show it again when it's all done.

    ReplyDelete