Thursday 16 November 2023

In The Kitchen ~ Crisscrosses

Every afternoon, before my dear hubby gets home from work, I like to take some time for myself, and put my feet up for an hour. Sometimes I read..sometimes I sew.. and sometimes I knit. Sometimes I will listen to music... sometimes I will listen to an old radio show. Sometimes I will have a little snack.. but always I will have a nice cup of tea
Todays little snack was a recipe from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine September 1948. Crisscrosses are basically a Peanut Butter Cookie..and I dont think the recipe has changed over the decades...just the name.

Quick and easy to make, they grew quite big... and packed with peanut butter flavour

1 cup shortening
2 beaten eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups enriched flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons soda
  • Thoroly cream shortening, vanilla, and sugar. 
  • Add eggs; beat thoroly. 
  • Stir in peanut butter, then sifted dry ingredients. 
  • Form into tiny balls with the palms of hands
  • Place on greased cooky sheet.
  • Press with back of a fork to make criss- cross. 
  • Dough may also be rolled and cut if desired. 
  • Bake in moderately hot oven (375°) 10 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment