Monday 12 September 2022

Whats for Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday

 

Last night we had wonderful Thunderstorms. MrD had just finished putting out the new garden furniture when the wind picked up and huge drops started falling. So much for sitting out last night but it was lovely listening to the rain lashing against the windows and hitting the gazebo roof. This morning its cooler..in the 80s... much better than the 110 temperatures we've been having. After this week of mourning... I think its time that the Fall decorations come out.

This week we are off to do our monthly  grocery shop. I already have my lists... but Im dismayed how high my bill is going to be...even though I have scribbled out many items. Its been increasing for the past couple of months and now its a bit disturbing. For next month Im going to have to have a rethink of my menus... and be even more savvy on what I buy. Luckily I have a good pantry... but my frozen meat supplies have dwindled. Having not bought chicken for quite a few months...its scary how expensive it is now. And ground beef... its no longer the cheap meal it used to be.

Im sure we are all in the same boat

Weekly Plan - 12th Sept  2022

Monday           Chicken Fried Rice, Stir Fry Vegetables

Tuesday            Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos

Wednesday      Breakfast for Dinner... with some Fried Green Tomatoes

Thursday         Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

Friday              Pizza Night

Saturday          Stuffed French Bread

Sunday             Copycat Panera Broccoli and Cheese Soup

1 comment:

  1. The prices are awful. I spend way too much at the grocery store these days. Love your menu, yum. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete