Tuesday 27 September 2022

A Bit Miserable...

Just by hearing the word Autumn... Ive started with a streaming head cold and constant sneezing... even tho the temp was 102 yesterday..and will be hotter today.
I actually feel a bit miserable so Im so glad I made that big pot of soup yesterday. I portioned it out and poppped them in the freezer... but left one for todays lunch. Comfort food at its best while watching an old movie methinks.
I did spend a few minutes in the garden tho..and pulled up the last of the baby carrots. They will go well with tomorrows dinner. I also pulled up the last of the turnips. I was going to leave them...but it looks like something has been nibbling them..maybe that possom thats been sleeping on our neighbours garden There arent many.. but enough to make a nice ponchmipe. 
I picked a couple of the large zucchini ready to make Zucchini Bread tomorrow if the nose streaming stops... there are still a few little ones growing so I will harvesting them for a while yet. 
The chili peppers are reddening nicely... but I cant tell you how they taste.... too hot for my palette

Thats MrD's assignment!

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

7 comments:

  1. Colds are miserable especially when it's over 100* outside.
    When I find a really large zucchini in the garden, I slice it in thick slices, salt and pepper it, then put it on the grill. The barbque brings out a wonderful flavor.
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like soup to make you feel better. The temps will go down by the weekend. I ike your scarecrow plate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better my friend, soup always makes me feel better. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zucchini is so good! I love to roast it with summer squash and sweet potatoes. Plus, zucchini bread is one of my favorite fall treats! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you have a cold. Sure hope your better soon. Your homemade soup will surely help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete