Thursday 22 September 2022

In The Kitchen.. Apple Time

First Day of Fall... and its been an apple kinda week
First a huge pan of apple sauce for canning... I do love it with chicken or turkey
Then some apple pie filling...
and what I couldnt get onto jars.. I put into some little pies
And lastly... for now..I made some apple jelly which is so easy to make
Just cover the peels and cores with water... boil for and hour... then strain.
For every cup of that golden liquid add 2 Tbsp lemon juics and 3/4 cup of sugar.
I know I know... its a lot of sugar..
 but the jelly goes a long way and you dont have to use much.
Boil til temperatures reach setting point (220℉) and pour into warm sterilized jars. 
If canning..process for 10 minutes

It tastes just like toffee apples and my kitchen smells amazing

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment