Friday 16 September 2022

Summers End...

Good Morning from The Blue House...and what a grey overcast day it is. The weather has difinately changed and its much cooler.
My summer garden is coming to an end... although the beets and turnips are still growing well. I collected the last of the tomatoes the majority are still green... so they are chopped and in the freezer ready to make my favourite Green Tomato Chutney as soon as I get some apples. 
I also tried my hand at Fried Green Tomatoes... which were incredibly tasty...despite misreading the recipe. Instead of dipping in egg.. then flour and then breadcrumbs... I made a batter and dipped in the crumbs...but they still tasted incredible. Please no comments on the amount of food on my plate... It started off as just egg on a slice of toast with a side of tomatoes. But I made tator tots for MrD in case the tomatoes were a disaster. And yes.. that is tomato ketchup in the eggs... cant have one without the other.
Are you ready for Fall... the cooler temperatures will be so welcome here

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

5 comments:

  1. It's great that hurricane Kay broke our heat wave! Rain in September is unheard of in So. Ca. and we had a lot of rain. I love it. Hopefully, the cooler weather will stay with us until we really cool off for winter.
    We have loads of green tomatoes still on the vine. I leave them until the end of October because we may have some more hot weather. It's been another bumper crop of tomatoes. I'll pass on something I read 2 years ago. Fertilize with an organic tomato fertilizer every 2 weeks and water deep. We've had HUGE tomatoes and bumper crops since following these details.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you that your weather is cooler!! I know you have been miserable as were we in August!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No fall feeling here in Florida, just hot and humid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is still hot here in the South, I am ready for a change in the weather. Your fried green tomatoes make my mouth water:) They look delicious. Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented. I am not a gardener and I definitely don't make things like chutney, and fried green tomatoes! Although the tomatoes sure look good!

    ReplyDelete