Friday 9 September 2022

God Save The King...

 Its been an unbelievable roller coaster for the past 24 hours...

I knew when Her Majesty passed I would be sad... 
but I didnt think it would hit me so hard... 
and Im not sure why...
I cried at the death announcement...
I cried at the tributes...
including the reshowing of her meeting with Paddington...
I gasped and cried when Prince William was named as Prince of Wales... 
so happy about that...
I even cried when the lone piper played a lament down the aisle of St Pauls

and Im sure over the coming weeks there will be more
Our new monarch made a wonderful speech 
when he pledged to "serve the country with loyalty, respect and love” 
and I believe the monarchy is good hands

He poignantly concluded his deeply personal and touching first address as King Charles III 
by quoting from Shakespeare's immortal play Hamlet.

He paid tribute to his mother, the Queen, saying: 

May flights of angels sing thee to thy rest." 

and I cried again

Thank you Ma'am for your 96 years of service.. dedication and example

Rest Well..
The Queen is Dead....Long Live The King

1 comment:

  1. I cried too, such an emotional time yet we’re picking ourselves up and carrying on. Xx

    ReplyDelete