Monday 13 July 2020

Hot Potatoes.....

I dont know about you...but for me the days are flying by. Mind you.. I am keeping really busy.... especially with my sewing. Stitching hands keep you out of the fridge!
Our healthy eating is continuing.. ( most of the time) and Im still getting out for my early morning walks. After the weekends heatwave .. temperatures have come down slightly.. so walking is easier.. and more enjoyable.. but I still have to get home before the sun gets too high. Since my cancer I seem to burn badly...and easily.

So for dinner tonight... Im made healthy grilled pork fillets with baked potatoes. The pork marinated in soy sauce, honey and garlic since early  morning. I used to make the potatoes in the microwave..but when it broke about 18 months ago..I opted not to buy a new one. I hardly ever used one anyway... and I started making potatoes the old fashioned way ... in the oven!. But seriously its just too hot for that. So today for the first time.. I cooked them in the Slow Cooker. I stabbed them, brushed them with olive oil. sprinkled with garlic salt and wrapped them in foil and put them in the slow cooker for six hours..
They turned out perfect...
and the kitchen was lovely and cool too

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment