Saturday 18 July 2020

Covid Test...

I love weekends as I get to spend them with my lovely MrD. Today we didnt do much.. just grocery shopping.. a looksee at the Harley store (just to satisfy MrD) and the dreaded covid test... But we did manage to have lunch out. Dine in has been stopped again... so we enjoyed our steaks..and the view.. from the shaded veranda at one of our favourite restaurants.
The covid test was a bit surreal... uncomfortable... but not painful. The test was on the third level of our local hospital car park.. and I didnt even have to get out of the truck. 
I managed to snap a couple of pics before a security guard stood in front of me.. wagging his finger...holding a sign saying no videos or audios allowed past this point. Oooops... but in my defense I didnt see any signs... and I was taking photos..not recording. My daughter thinks its very funny that her mother has been scolded!...
To take the test.. they push a long stick into your mouth to take a swab from the back of the throat... and another up your nose. For me...the mouth one was worse. I cant bear something scratching my throat. Im not sure when the results will come back.. but tomorrow I have to start drinking the pre proceedure witches brew...which is disgusting!
By the way... I would like to say.. to a couple of people me who said I am a sheep for wearing a mask.. and they would refuse to take the test because nobody was going to push a stick up their nose... If I want to find out if my cancer is back... following the rules in place is a small price to pay...

Stay Well..Stay Safe...Stay Strong
Love and Hugs 
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment