Wednesday 5 July 2017

Beach Day..


I hope all my American friends had a wonderful Fourth of July. 
Hubby and I went over to Long Beach for the day Blue skies...beautiful beaches and the Queen Mary in the distance
We had a relaxing time...me reading and sewing my little yoyo's... 
and him napping and chilling .. which was much needed
But, even though I was wearing factor 50 sun cream, and was sitting under a beach umbrella with a head scarf AND a big hat...I got very very sunburnt...so much so that my legs are very swollen and its very painful to walk. 

Apparently chemo therapy makes you more sensitive to the sun..and you absorb ultraviolet radiation. You know...Im learning something new about cancer and chemo every week...I wish I had learnt this earlier 


Even though I was never told to be more careful about sitting in the sun...I still think my doctor will be having a few choice words with me when I go for a check up this afternoon....oh dear...lol

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


No comments:

Post a Comment