After all the rushing around yesterday...it was nice just to go for a leisurely walk today.
Its November, so its surprising to see there are still signs of Summer around..including some of my favourites... Antirrhinum...commonly known as Snapdragons. They certainly made me smile
When I got home I decided to do a bit of baking, To surprise Hubby, who is working extremely long hours right now, I made some of his favourites... Coconut Macaroons. I have lots of different macaroon recipes , but I went with this one. They are so chewy and moist....and gluten free ...so his friend at work can have some too. I dont think they will last long
- Coconut Macaroons
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Set two oven racks near the center of the oven.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the shredded coconut, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
- Set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Using two spoons, form heaping tablespoons of the mixture into mounds on the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden and the bottoms and edges are deeply golden.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or double boiler
- Drizzle macaroons with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 15 minutes.
- Keep in an airtight container for about a week.
Love and Hugs