1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
Jam...any flavour ( I used strawberry and pineapple)
Cream cheese filling... 3 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened
1/8 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat butter and sugars until mixture is combined
- Beat in egg, milk, and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on an ungreased or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet,
- Press thumb into each ball to form an indentation in each.
- Repeat with remaining dough balls, leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile make cream cheese filling by beating the cream cheese with sugar until smooth
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack.
- Let cookies cool.
- Fill each indentation with the jam or cream cheese mixture
Love and Hugs