Its another hot one today...so I went walking early to beat the heat. Plus, I wanted to get home to try out this new recipe I was given. They turned out really well...and taste so good. I think these Cookies will become a fall favourite in our house
Caramel Apple Cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (14 ounce) bag wrapped caramels (I used Werthers Soft Caramels)
1-1/2 cups chopped apple (about 1 large)
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove each caramel from the wrapper and chop
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and mix until well blended.
- Stir in the sliced caramels and then the chopped apples.
- Place large scoops of dough a few inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cookies start to lightly brown and crisp around the edges.
- Let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you ever try this recipe...I hope you enjoy them as much as we do
Love and Hugs