Tuesday 7 December 2021

Doreens Tree...

So...as you may remember.. I was in a rush to get the Christmas decorations up by Dec 3rd..and get the lights swiched on in memory of mum. But..because I caught a bout of flu.. I got way behind..although I did manage to finish the tree in time.
Over the weekend however... thanks to hubby... we managed to run all the lights outside...and were able to continue with a tradition started by my auntie 17 years ago
After Mums death... Auntie Jan bought a Chrstmas tree for her front garden...which she lit every year on the anniversary. A fitting tribute to someone who loved Christmas and made it so special. But after many years braving the elements... the little tree gave up and refused to light.
Although... that year God gave a helping hand and beautifully decorated it for us. The following year...it finally fell to pieces.
So this year...and finally having a garden of my own...I took up the mantle... and now we have a new 'Doreens Tree'.. I must admit hubby and I were looking for a couple of deer... but they were sold out everywhere...even on line.The tree was in in a store that MrD just pulled into on impulse...

It was the perfect solution... and now I think...better than deer

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment