Monday 25 March 2024

Monday March 25th... Easter Week Begins

Welcome to the start of my new way of blogging. Its an attempt to write in an online journal.. as much for me as anyone else.. and keep all my memories together. I was going to change the Blog title to something like "Mrs D's Diary" but Pheobe's World kinda covers that so no change is needed. so here we go...

It's the beginning of Easter week.. which as well as celebrating the resurrection of our Saviour... Easter means more to me than Christmas... but its a close one. It was wonderful that my six year old granddaughter went into great detail yesterday as she explained what Palm Sunday was all about
Shes a clever girl who is eager to learn and loves to read... especially with her baby sister
A parcel arrived from my daughter and her family in the Uk. It had been travelling for nearly three weeks.. which sadly meant it didnt arrive for MrD's birthday. But still there was a lovely hand made card from Little Miss
and a foot made card from Little Tufty. They now both take pride of place on our mantle
The signs of Spring are everywhere.. we even have roses blooming in the garden
Over the weekend MrD and I raised the vegetable beds a layer and we went to get some soil to fill them. 
Today I finished one of them ready to plant the tomatoes later in the week. I cant wait to eat the delicious fruit straight from the vine.
When MrD came home we took Prince over to the dog park for a run. We encountered this noisy little chap.. I think he was having a conversation with the dog
For dinner we had a delicious curry, made from scratch and using up the leftover meat from yesterdays dinner. The rest of this weeks meals are planned including our meal for Easter Sunday, and I hope to make some Hot Cross Buns sometime this week

So thats it for the first of my "new look" posts.. A little bit of this..a little bit of that. I will try to keep them short...but sometimes I do tend to waffle..

Have a great week and in the meantime here's this weeks menu

Weekly Plan - 25th March 2024

Monday              Chicken Curry, Rice and Naan Bread

Tuesday              Shrimp Tacos

Wednesday        Baked Creamy Pork Chops, Potatoes, Carrots, Green Beans,

Thursday            Spaghetti and Meatballs

Friday                  Pizza 

Saturday             Hawaiian Chicken Burgers

Sunday                Ribeye Beef, Turkey, Jalapeno Poppers, Garlic Asparagus, Devilled Eggs


No comments:

Post a Comment