Thursday 8 December 2022

In the Kitchen ~ Nutella Christmas Pastries

So today I started my Christmas baking. Family baking together is one of our Christmas traditions Im looking forward to Saturday when I will be face timing my grandaughter and we will be making cookies together. We may be seperated by an ocean..but it dosnt stop us having family fun together,

I'm not to make too much this year...as we always eat too much over Christmas... but I will definitely be making MrD's favourite Baileys Chocolate Poke Cake... and of course mince pies.

Here's quick tip if you are making mince pies ahead of time and want to freeze them. I have already used this method with leftover pastry last week.
Keep the bags out of your breakfast cereal boxes ( I use them for all sorts of things) and when you are ready... cut into strips. Line the muffin tin with the strips and place your pastry circles over the top Freeze the trays for 15 minutes then use the strips to flip the pies out of the tin. 
Make sure to hold on end of the strip though as you may pull it out. Place the crusts or pies in a box and freeze til ready to bake as they can be cooked from frozen

I havent made the final decision on what to make yet as I have so many Christmas recipes.. but I thought I would experiment with these  Puff Pastry "Gingerbread" Men  I saw on Instagram. No real recipe... so Im just winging it.
Just take two sheests of puff pastry... and spread one with Nutella. 
Place the other sheet on  top. Cut out your gingerbread shapes
Place on parchment covered baking sheet and sprinkle with powdered sugar
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. leave to cool, tie a ribbon (optional)and dust with a little more sugar

The only thing I would do differently next time is prick the pastry with a fork a little before baking so they dont rise as much... but still they are very simple and very yummy
Perfect with a nice cup of tea while writing Christmas cards

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment