Thursday 15 December 2022

In The Kitchen ~ Mary Berry's Mincemeat Loaf Cakes

Ive decided not to go overboard with baking this year. I will be making lots of Mince pies as Im giving some as gifts..so I have only done a bit this week
I saw this easy recipe on Instagram. I used the left over chocolate from baking with Little Miss, added some green colouring then dipped some pretzels and made a double layer on parchement paper to make wreaths. Easy!
I made a batch of MrDs favourite cookies... 
Double Chocolate Chewy Fudge Cookies.. 
and I think thats it for cookies
Fruit Cake 
was also on my baking list..
and I went for Mary Berrys Mincemeat Loaf Cakes
a lighter cake,easy to slice and MrD loves it spread with a bit of butter
I also baked one of the Turkey Pot Pies I made after Thanksgiving. 
It made for an easy dinner..and was more delicious than I remember 

So the only things I want to make now are the Mince Pies, and the desserts for Christmas Day

Not as much baking as previous years...but theres only two of us...
and we need to fit into plane seats in March

Mary Berry's Mincemeat Loaf Cakes



You can’t go wrong with a Mary Berry recipe and this one is a real classic that uses up leftover mincemeat. It makes two light, crumbly fruit cakes - one for yourself and one for a friend!
 
150 g soft butter
225 g mincemeat
150 g soft light brown sugar
225 g self raising flour
2 medium eggs
100 g Glace cherries
100 g sultanas
50 g blanched almonds or halved glace cherries, for decoration

  • Preheat oven to 180C/160Fan/350F.
  • Grease and line 2 1lb (450g) loaf tins.
  • Simply mix all the ingredients except for the almonds together until they are well incorporated.
  • Spoon the mixture into your loaf tins.
  • Stud with the blanched almonds/halved cherries.
  • Bake for 1 hour if using 1lb loaf tins or 35-40 minutes for mini loaf tins or until the cakes are shrinking from the sides, risen and golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment