Friday 2 December 2022

In The Kitchen ~ Leftovers...

Being without electricity for a couple of days (we had paid the bill honest!!)... meant no televion.. no internet... no music..apart from what I listened to on my phone So with no distractions...its amazing how much I got done. 

But, we were still lucky enough to be able to cook as our stove is gas... No oven though as it needs electricity to control... go figure
I was able to use us all the leftover Thanksgiving food. The potatoes and veggies were used in Bubble and Squeek Cakes.. plus some made with cheese, onion and spinach. 
They freeze great and dont have to be defrosted before dipping in egg and breadcumbs... and shallow frying for a delicious breakfast. I very rarely fry,.. but these were yummy. I wonder if airfrying would work?
The turkey was stripped down, and I used some to make a really good low fat curry..although I may have over done it with the cayenne pepper. A little hot but still tasty and MrD loved it
The rest I made a lovely filling and made a couple of Turkey Pot Pies. By the way I love my new snowflake fondant cutters...and I went a bit mad with the pie decorations

Whats your favourite way to use up leftovers?

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment