Monday 3 January 2022

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday..

Good Morning from a cold and frosty Blue House and my feet are freezing...MrDs Christmas present of a Keurig coffee maker and some extra thick socks are helping..The decorations have started to come down and its the start of the first real week of 2022..and this year is going to be a good one.. and a full one

So...as its a New Year... have you made any resolutions? I dont really like that word... as it always seems doomed to fail. I would rather say goals...and I have just a couple.

My main goal is to manage my time better. We were all very busy up to Christmas...and I found I was juggling a few things. Im very lucky that I am a stay at home Housewife.. and up til now.. my mornings consisted of  a brisk walk...housework, laundry, ironing and baking... followed by an afternoon of stitching for my Etsy shop which has become more than a hobby. Believe it or not sewing my little creatons take quite a bit of time.. especially with all the beading

Now I have to throw in the mix goal number two.. starting to prep our new veggie garden from scratch... Its a big job thats going to take up a lot of my time.. and its going to be learning curve a the climate is very different from the Uk

Goal number three..I want to read more... so that has to be fit in my time table too. At least one a month..as well as my bible study... while things are so busy. I will share with you if I find a good one... 

And finally..everybodys favourite Jan 1st goal... I need to lose some weight. And I have a good reason. In just over 9 weeks..in 68 days to be exact.. My daughter, her hubby and my granddaughter are coming tor a holiday... and I will need to fit my bum in the rides at Disney. Its going to take more than bibbity bobbity boo I can tell you. Goal 1... 2 .. and 3 should help...I hope

So if you will pardon the liberty...  Im finding it hard to lose weight these days...so I will be taking it day by day...having smaller portions and finding lower calorie recipes. Healthier eating started this morning...and Ive made it to 10am so far... no problems..lol. 

Im also trying the Pantry Challenge..eating what we have in the pantry and freezer. Hopefully this will save some money that can go towards the family visit.. Fingers crossed I will only have to buy milk and maybe a few fresh veggies.

Have a great week... and stay warm x 

Weekly Plan - 3rd January 2022

Monday               Sweet and Sour Chicken, Stir Fry Veggies

Tuesday               Shrimp Frajitas

Wednesday          Crockpot Pork Chops and Stuffing, Cabbage

Thursday             Spicy Sausage and Spinach Pasta

Friday                  Pizza Night

Saturday              Grilled Ham, Speedy Baked Beans, Potato Salad

Sunday                 Chicken Tenders, Mac and Cheese

1 comment:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious. I’m off to check out your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete