Tuesday 4 January 2022

My Book of the Month...

Well my 2022 goals are one day in...and so far so good. I made a planner to organise my time better... our meals were delicious..healthy and from the pantry... and I started drawing the veggie garden plans

I also made time to sit and read an actual book.. starting with a real winner which I will probably finish in a couple of days because I cant put it down...
My Daughters Are Trying To Kill Me... But I Love Them Anyway: 
Stories From a Father of Autistic Daughters
by Barnaby Dickenson

This book was a Christmas gift from MrD... although it wasnt a surprise as I hinted enough. What made it  so appealng to me to begin with is that I know the family who are from Wrexham...my hometown in Wales. Barnaby and Karen have three children..including Robyn and Libby... who are autistic... and I remember many of the anecdotes in this book
I actually started reading it on our drive up the mountain the other day... which made me car sick so I had to stop.......

Barnaby could always tell a fascinating story...so its no surprise that this book is well written, easy to read and is taking me on a roller coaster of emotions.. Im laughing out loud one minute and almost in tears the next.

Its a fabulous insight of the challenges... and joys...of raising two gorgeous little girls who have autism

Heartwarming, captivating.. and honest... I have no qualms in recommending you read this book...

You wont be sorry

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

3 comments:

  1. I love book rcommendations like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your recommendation. Wishes for a happy and healthy year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Phoebe, It's been a while since I visited your blog. Sometimes I have difficulty posting comments though. I wonder if it's your settings? There's only one or two other blogs where I have that problem.
    That book looks very interesting. Must check if our local library has it.
    Wishing you and MrD a very happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete