Thursday 29 April 2021

The Search Continues...

So the Show House is a No ...for many reasons... It was posh..perfect... but more than a two hour drive from MrD's work... The seller started playing silly games..was getting a bit too greedy and was starting to play everyone off against each other. Plus.. I realized .. Im more of a homely type... and maybe thats why I had an uneasy feeling about the house. So yesterday we told the realtor to let it go

This morning we are feeling much better about saying no. For the first time since the weekend MrD had a restful nights sleep. Its like a huge weight was lifted from his shoulders

Last night MrD and I had a long talk. It appeared neither of us has been open about what we would like. It was time to be honest...not try to choose what the we thought the other wanted. Funnily enough it turns out we both like the same things.
We have agreed that we want something traditional..even old fashioned... and we dont need a big house... 2 bed and 1 bath is fine unless something with an extra bedroom or bathroom falls in our price range...It doesnt have to be posh as we are more a homely, cosy couple but we need a good, safe neighbourhood. As for distance... a 50 mile radius is far enough. MrD doesnt want to be spending all his time travelling and ending up too tired to enjoy our home. and the show house would have meant a two and a half hour journey home in rush hour traffic every night.If he was 20 years younger...that may be different...but now...

 We dont want a pool... but MrD would like a two car garage with a bit of green in the front and back. Although... neither of these is a deal breaker... as he could lay some grass and park in the driveway.

As for me...I would like a nice kitchen ...with a window over the sink (though a window anywhere would be ok) ...so not a galley type... And I really want a back garden. It doesnt have to pretty and can be a blank canvas or jungle. I love getting my hands dirty and I could make it my own. Which is why I dont want a big house to keep clean and can spend my time in the soil

Last weekend was our first foray into the housing market and we were going in clueless. I think next time we will have more idea about what to expect

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


1 comment:

  1. I hope you will be able to find a home you love sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete