Thursday 1 April 2021

Got it Done..and Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken..

MrD and I went for our vaccinations this afternoon.. I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding them... but one of the main reasons I decided to have one..is that without the paperwork.. I couldnt fly to the Uk in July. Its difficult right now with all the restrictions and the criteria we have to meet ... but at least this one is out of the way..and its one less stress off my mind. There is no way I can not be at my daughters wedding. Anyway.. it was easy enough and apart from a very sore arm.. it went ok. 
And MrD is just play acting....


Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken..


Its amazing how leaving out one ingredient in a recipe can drastically lower its calories...but still taste so good. Last week I made Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken and I left out the butter. Its so simple. It has just 5 ingredients, plenty of a flavour and a spicy kick... but not too much for this Brit.
 
It can also be shredded and served on toasted buns with melted cheese for an easy meal.


4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (I just use one each for MrD and I)
1 packet Au Jus or Brown gravy mix
10-12 pepperoncini peppers
1/4 cup of liquid from the jar...a little more..or ordinary water.. for a thinner sauce
  • In a skillet... brown the chicken in a little Pam spray (not neccessary but I like a bit of colour)
  • Place chicken in a 6-quart slow cooker.
  • Sprinkle Au Jus gravy mix and Ranch seasoning on chicken.
  • Scatter pepperoncini around chicken.
  • Add the liquid
  • Cover and cook on LOW  for 5 to 6 hours.

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

2 comments:

  1. Mr D is the best!
    I never heard of Mississippi chicken. I make the same recipe with beef and love it. I'll try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe!
    We had our vaccines, too. Piece of cake. Not that way for everyone but we did fine and I am glad we got them. How exciting for you to go back to Englad for your daughter's wedding!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete