Tuesday 29 January 2019

A Gentle Reminder...

Its coming up to the one year anniversary of my remission from Ovarian Cancer. I still have tests every three months to make sure its staying away. I still dont understand how I can still get OC when I dont have any ovaries...but  I will let that one go...lol

I notice my social media news feed always has posts encouraging ladies to have cervical smears. They are really important but I just want to remind you ladies....A SMEAR TEST DOES NOT DETECT OVARIAN CANCER!! You have to look for its symptoms. Its called the 'Silent Killer' as many dont get diognosed until stage 4..and then it's usually too late. I was lucky...I was stage three when I was told I had cancer.. My doctor had missed it and had been treating me for divaticulitis. Not his fault...the symptoms are the same as advanced stage OC. Its only when the pain became horrendous and I started to bleed did they find my tumour which was bigger than a baseball. Surgery and chemo kicked it to the curb... and I thank God every day for His blessing! 

Ladies...dont be afraid to ask questions when you go for your smear test.... if you have any concerns see your doctor (you KNOW when your body dosnt feel right) and please please get regular mammograms! 

You only have one life... dont lose it 

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! Great advice and SO THANKFUL that you keep a check on yours. I am all about watching for changes in my body and the way I feel. Sending HUGS and PRAYERS your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy One Year cancer free! I heard on the news that Israel has found a cure of all cancers and it should be available sometimes this year. Oh how I pray this is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure is great news.
    I didn't know that about the smear. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cancer survivors ROCK!! Praise God.

    ReplyDelete