Tuesday 11 December 2018

The Cold... Coyotes...Coffee and Climbing...

So ...yesterday morning..my lovely friend and I drove over to the park to start our walking. At 6.30 in the morning it was a chilly 47 degrees... perfect for me .. but my friend who is pure Californian... found it too cold. After half a lap... she exclaimed.. "that's it for me... lets go for coffee"! So..it was back to the car..and we headed for a 'famous named" coffee shop. As we were passing the houses.. we saw them...
a couple of coyotes in someones garden. One of them was in the process of killing a cat and ran away with it... and the other followed. My friend was very upset. It is the first time since I have been living here that Ive seen coyotes...although I am told there are a lot around here. Makes me think twice about walking so early by myself

The coffee was much appreciated... and I'm not sure what was in my friends cup...as she suddenly blurted out..."How about a hike!!" ...When??"I asked... "now!!" she replied.."I have my second wind". I was all for it and so began a six mile hike through the La Puente Hills 
It started with a flat trail...
and all sorts of plants 
berries and foliage
and then began the climb...to a height of about 900ft
and the views were amazing..
That's the Fo Guang Shan Buddhist Memorial Complex at Rose Hills Cemetery... 
with Los Angeles in the distance.
and..we saw more coyotes...
I'm so glad my friend found the weather too cold....lol

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x


2 comments:

  1. What a walk! It's beautiful, but eek on the coyotes! We have them around here too and once had a cat disappear. We always wondered if the coyotes got him. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had several groups of coyotes roaming Lakeland and killing cats a few years ago. It was horrible. They were finally trapped and released elsewhere and/or moved on after they killed all the strays. It was very sad. One of my friends lost two cats. Ours NEVER go out! Looks like the second wind hike was amazing!

    ReplyDelete