Thursday 16 May 2024

Thursday May 16th

The Victory Garden is doing so well. Every morning I get a sense of excitement when I go out to "potter" as there is new growth every day
Today for example.. both the Zucchini (courgette) and summer squash plants have new flowers open...ready for me to fertilize by transferring pollen from the male to female flowers with a little paint brush. I had to go into this detail as it makes it seem like Im an expert.. when really Im an instagram student....
We also have little flowers on the pepper plants... 
but Im still picking off the flowers on the tomato plants.. which really pains me... 
but it encourages the stems to grow stronger and taller
And as for the potato plants... its amazing to think that in a couple of weeks... all being well... we will be able to start harvesting. Cant wait for new potatoes and bacon for dinner.... lovely.

We also had a visitor to the garden...

Is it wrong to tell my five year old grandson that I have a baby dinosaur in my garden.... 

and he believes me??

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x



No comments:

Post a Comment