Thursday 10 February 2022

Cuttings... and Cilantro Lime Chicken Kebabs

So I have a little experiment Im trying out....propogation from leaves. Back in Wales I used to propogate from cuttings but never from just a leaf. I have a geranium that apparently is really tolerant to the climate conditions here... and they are supposed to be great mosquito repellants...so having them dotted around the garden should be a help this year. 

So after watching a couple of Youtube videos.. I nipped off a couple of leaves.. dipped the ends in organic rooting powder and placed around the edges of compost in trays for strength. All being well they should root. Fingers crossed I dont kill them.

Cilantro Lime Chicken Kebabs


So a change of plan for dinner tonight. I defrosted too much chicken yesterday (not sure what I was thinking!) Plus Mr D requested this.. so instead of pasta we are having one of our faves Chicken Kebabs. Plus... the weather is almost summery right now.. with temps forcast to be mid 80s again today so chicken and salad sounds good.

½ cup fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon fine pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
½ cup cilantro, chopped
½ cup olive oil
4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Choice of vegetables cut into chunks...eg onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatoes
 
  • Cut the chicken into bite sized chunks
  • Place in zipper-seal bag.
  • Mix marinade ingredients and pour over chicken.
  • Marinate at least 2 hours or overnight.
  • Soak wooden skewers in water to prevent them burning
  • Remove chicken from bag.
  • Thread chicken on the skewers, alternating with the vegetables
  • Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
  • Spray a non stick pan with cooking spray and place skewers ½ inch apart on pan.
  • Bake for 20-30 minutes, turning halfway,  until cooked through.

5 comments:

  1. I love chicken kabobs. Bob will eat them but they aren't his favorite, so I don't make them often. Yours look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how yummy, love Chicken Kabobs. I saw on the news about your weather and my husband goes, "Linda, soon, you will be complaining about the heat and humidity." LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, I love that recipe! Gives me an idea for dinner next week, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kabobs look delicious! Wonder if they can be cooked on the grill. Once it gets hot here we don't use the oven but grill a lot. That marinade I bet is scrumptious! I didn't know that geraniums could repel mosquitoes. I will have to see if the plant does well here as summer brings out a lot of those pests.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love making kabobs on the grill. These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete