Saturday 27 March 2021

Sun..Sea..Sandwiches..But No Shopping

Another weigh in done...and another 1.1 lb off. Just over 32lb since January 4th... and Im on track for looking presentable in my wedding outfit. It looks like the wedding will be able to go ahead.. but we are holding back on getting our plane tickets for a bit longer..as right now there is a 10 day quarenteen the other side... which if still in place in July.. means MrD will not be able to come. Pushing it to the back of my mind right now... so I dont start to stress..

Anyway...as a little treat MrD and I took the 20 minute drive over to Santa Monica...
We walked along the seafront... 
I have never seen so many squirrels running around in one place.
We then walked down the pier. 
We could see dolphins in the distance but were too far to photograph
Then we walked into town to Ye Olde Kings Head..a British Pub.. 
for non calorie counted Club Sandwich lunch
Afterwards we popped next door to the British Gift Shoppe and Bakery.
It was jampacked (no pun intended) with loads of Britsh Fare. 
Heinz Baked Beans..Pickled Onions.. Birds Custard.. Golden Syrup.. Bisto Gravy.. Jaffa Cakes.. and Rich Tea Biscuits. 
They even had Bakewell Tarts.. Iced Buns and Danish Back Bacon... all the favourites from back home that you cant buy in our supermarkets. 
I was going to fill a basket... but then I started noticing the prices... $3.50 for a little box of Oxo cubes... Daddies Sauce (which I love) $5.95... 
but when I saw $14.95 for a box of Yorkshire Teabags... we finished looking around... and left empty handed..

I think I will be bringing an empty suitcase when I go to the Uk in July... 

Love and Hugs
Phoebe x

No comments:

Post a Comment