Monday 25 September 2023

Whats For Dinner ~ Meal Plan Monday

Happy Monday, and we slip into the last week of September. Fall is upon us and at last the temperatures here are cooler. The bad cold Ive had for the last few days is slowly getting better, but now MrD has started with the sniffles. I hope he will be ok for the dentist tomorrow...hes been waiting two months.

Dinners from the kitchen are becoming a bit more warming and filling. Im still striving to cook the majority of our meals from my 1940s cookbooks, and I just aquired another for my collection. A cookie recipe book from 1940. I think I may just work my way through it... 

By the way..it always looks like I make a lot of food...but I actually make enough for two meals. The extra either goes in the freezer for another day..or MrD it for his lunch at work. Nothing goes to waste.

So, have a great week and whats on your dinner plate this week?

Weekly Plan - 18th September 2023

Monday             Chicken  Cacciatore, Rice

Tuesday              Tacos

Wednesday        Corned Beef Pie

Thursday           Lasagne (leftovers from freezer) Garlic Bread

Friday                Vegetable Curry and Rice

Saturday            Chili Dogs

Sunday               Homemade Celery Soup and Toasted Sandwiches

2 comments:

  1. I love that you have a meal plan. My husband does not like for me to plan meals and we seem to find it diffcult to maintain a good eating habit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carol. Ive kept one for many years. I find it helps when food shopping, and I dont have to panic about whats for dinner. Plus.. I can look back on my successes and failures and repeat the favourites x

    ReplyDelete