Wednesday 17 June 2020

Remembering Nana...

Today I am remembering the amazing woman I was so blessed to call Nana.This wonderful woman was the biggest influence in my life...and some. She instilled in me my Faith.. my respect of others..my morals and my love of family. She ruled with a rod of iron but her capacity to love was incalculable. Everything I did in life was guided with the thought.. "What would Nana say?"
Her house was my second home.. and held so many memories... the Ponds Cream on her dressing table..the painted yellow hallway.. the cottage loaf in her bread bin... the front room where I practiced piano.. the back bedroom with the Beatles wallpaper (Auntie Jan!).. the back yard where the cousins and I made up dances to music on a scratchy record player.. the stairs where I cried when she dared to go on holiday without me... and on and on....
When she passed she left a hole in my heart that has never fully been filled...even tho its been nearly 30 years.
Nana...I will love you always and I miss you more than anyone could ever imagine.. 
Happy Birthday!! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment